Friday, August 28, 2015

What's in the box? August 27, 2015


I'm loving the end-of-season re-fresh that all of these fresh microgreens are adding to our diet. Lately, I've been taking whatever our leftovers were from the night before (eggplant, tomato, and feta salad or tomato, basil, and mozzarella salad, for instance), and just throwing them on top of a plate of arugula. This helps me eat my greens and use up my leftovers with zero thought or effort.

Here's what was in my box this week:

2 bags, arugula
1 bunch, basil
1 bag, microgreens
4 eggplants
4 heads, garlic
4 bell peppers
12 Shishito peppers
4 assorted peppers
2 sunflowers

Here's my plan for using it up this week:

Thursday dinner
Steak with garlic
Eggplant, tomato and feta salad on a bed of arugula
Spanish tapas peppers

Friday lunch
Pita pockets with turkey, avocado and microgreens

Friday potluck dinner
Homemade pizza with homemade pesto

Sunday dinner
Blistered Shishito peppers
Garlic bread
Cesar salad (with arugula)
Eggplant lasagna

Monday
Vegetable soup using tomatoes, peppers, and squash from my box that I froze back in July

No comments:

Post a Comment