Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Pear Salad with Blueberries and Blue Cheese


Pear Salad with Blueberries and Blue Cheese

Lettuce
Bosc Pear, cut into thin wedges
Blueberries
Blue Cheese crumbles
Walnut pieces
Balsamic Vinaigrette

I love how the crispness of the pears compliments the creaminess of the blue cheese in this salad. But if you are not a fan of blue cheese, simply substitute a goat cheese such as feta or chèvre.

I have become a real fan of flavored balsamic vinegars in recent years, and I'm always looking for new combinations to try on my favorite salads. For this salad, my favorite dressing is a vinaigrette made with one-third Black Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar to two-thirds extra virgin olive oil. Massage the lettuce with the vinaigrette before adding the other ingredients to evenly distribute the flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment