Wednesday, May 20, 2015

What's in the box? May 19, 2015


That is a lot of produce! And with just one day left before I leave on vacation, I will have my work cut out for me if I hope to use it all up before tomorrow morning—especially since (as usual) I also have a flurry of packing, appointments, and last-minute chores.  However, I do have a family of five, and at least two of us really, really love carrots.

Here's what was in our box this week:

Lettuce, two heads
Carrots, two bunches
Strawberries
Heirloom Kale
Bok Choy
Beets (some members received Swiss Chard)
Basil

And here's how I plan to use it all in less than 24 hours. Think I can do it? I'll post an update to let you know if everything went as planned.


Breakfast
Strawberry and Kale Smoothies

Lunch
Spicy Pecan, Apple, and Chèvre Salad

Afternoon Snack
Carrots and Kale Chips

Dinner
"Pickled" Beet, Feta, and Pistachio Salad
Buttered Carrots
Lemon Sautéed Bok Choy

*Make and Store for Later
Freezer Pesto

No comments:

Post a Comment